After more than a week of pushing MFA my skype for business stopped working.
I got a strange error
The user name, password, or domain appears to be incorrect. Ensure that you entered them correctly. If the problem continues, please contact your support team.
Further investigated in Azure AD. Failure reason “User did not pass the MFA challenge (non interactive)”
- Added my IP in the conditional Access.
- Install Skype for business PowerShell from this link.
- Connect to Skype for Business using PowerShell
$sfboSession = New-CsOnlineSession -UserName email@example.com
- You need to start the Windows Remote Management service.
- Login using Microsoft modern auth will open, login there.
- Run the following command
- Enable modern authentication for Skype for Business Online
Set-CsOAuthConfiguration -ClientAdalAuthOverride Allowed
- Verify by running the following command
Now wait for some time. Microsoft suggest to wait from 1 hour to 24 hours.